Toyota Management System
TMS (Grade IV) Certificate Program
By TMS TPS Certificate Institute & Toyota Engineering Corporation – Japan
Learn from the founders of Toyota Management System & Lean Management
Toyota’s automobile production method, known as the Toyota Production System (TPS), is renowned worldwide for its efficiency in improving quality, productivity, and delivery speed. While applying TPS to production and back-office functions, they developed Toyota Management System (TMS) to significantly improve productivity and reduce indirect costs in white-collar workplaces.
TMS is practiced by Toyota’s top management team, managers in production and indirect functions such as design, production preparation, and sales. This program will equip the participants with the TMS knowledge and skills to achieve improved results and transform your company into a stronger and better one.
The Toyota Management System (TMS) is a comprehensive approach to a management methodology that can be applied in any industry or workplace. TMS is the underlying management system of Toyota Production System (TPS), Toyota Development System (TDS) & Toyota Marketing & Sales System (TMSS) . In this program, you will learn how to “Yarigai,” or turn ideas into practice and achieve workplace satisfaction.
TMS boosts productivity and reduces indirect costs through the implementation of Visual Management Tools and a method for total management, which facilitates continuous improvement (Kaizen) in the workplace and creates a supportive environment for people.
C Suite, Director, Senior Managers, and Managers in Service & Manufacturing
Online (ZOOM) | 20 Hours | 5 Saturdays
Toyota Management System Text book
Instructor-led training (Executive TMS Sensei)
Printed & Digital Certificates from TMS TPS Certificate Institute- Japan
- Introduction: 3rd Sep 2023
- Session 01: 10th Sep 2023
- Session 02: 17th Sep 2023
- Session 03: 24th Sep 2023
- Session 04: 1st Oct 2023
- Examination : 15th Oct 2023
Download Program Brochure
“Participating in this program helped me to get a deeper understanding of the Total Toyota Production System. Revitalization of the workplace and respect for people are two key takeaways for me. I started involving the people in my workplace in daily problem solving and was amazed at the number of kaizens that can be done on the shop floor. It was an honor to learn from Masters and the Toyota Engineering Corporation.”
Brial. J.L Pederson
Priess A/S Denmark
Key Learning Outcomes
TMS Certification Journey
Toyota Management System Grade IV Program Content
- Introduction and Warm up Session
- Getting to know Lean Management
- Value, value-adding, and waste
- Setting up a lean manufacturing process in a new facility
- Value Stream Mapping for business
- Important points to know when implementing lean management
- Explanation of Lean Vocabulary
- Practical challenges of lean implementation and how to overcome
- What are Workplace Revitalization Actions?
- TMS Core is an Action that Makes the Workplace Better
- The “Way of Working” that will Become the Core
WRAs Ideal Person
- Visualization of Action and the Theory of Visualization
- Visualization of Actions – Planning and Development
- Visualization of Actions – Daily Management
- Visualization of Actions – Visualization of Work
- Creating a Workplace (Team) – Communication
- Creating a Workplace (Team) – Leadership
- Creation of Value
- Continuous Improvement Mindset – Reflection
- Continuous Improvement Mindset – Spotting the Unnecessary
- Continuous Improvement Mindset – The 5S
- Continuous Improvement Mindset – The Ability to Solve Problems
- Work Quality – A Statistical Approach
- Work Quality – A Self
- Contained Process
- Creation of Profit – A Plan to Produce Profit
- Creation of Profit – Elevating Productivity
- WRA Introduction and Growth
- Putting WRAs Into Practice
- Regular Company Employees
- The Nucleus – Management Staff
- Evaluation of WRAs
- Managerial Results
- Case Study
- TMS Grade IV Examination (80 MCQs | 90 Mins)
This Certification Program is Best Suited for
Transform Yourself Today!
* Postal / Courier charges will be separately billed for overseas participants
Learn from the WORLD'S BEST LEAN TMS Senseis
Meet Your Sensei
Mr. Yasuhito Matsudaira
Senior Consultant at TMS & TPS Certificate Institute of Toyota Engineering Corp.
Worked in Toyota Motor Corp since 1979
After joining Toyota Motor Corp in 1979, Mr Matsudaira worked in the production technology and manufacturing division, starting as a technical expert in mechanical parts welding and integrated manufacturing processes in Japan.
Then he held positions as assistant director/ general manager in production preparation and technology development for resin parts, chassis parts, electronic parts, and final assembly lines.
He also served as a project leader in launching new vehicle plants in the United States and Canada. More recently, he worked as a representative vice president for Primearth EV Energy Co., a joint venture between Toyota Motor Corp and Panasonic that produces secondary batteries for vehicles.
In 2017, Mr Matsudaira became a senior consultant at Toyota Engineering Corp and Toyota Management Institute. Now he is using his expertise in TPS and TMS to serve many industries beyond the automotive sector.
Join the Elite Group of 5000+ TMS & TPS Change Agents across the World !
Authentic Knowledge with Simpler Illustrations
Receive Your TMS Grade IV Hand Book to Your Door-step
Proudly Organized by
Center for Lean Excellence (CLE) is a process innovation solutions provider specializes on Lean &Toyota Production System concepts. Our vision is to enable potential by pioneering transformation for the good of individuals and enterprises. We deliver knowledge and solutions with our expert team that collectively possess 130+ years of hands on experience on enterprise transformation. To bring first hand lean knowledge, CLE has partnered with Toyota Engineering Corporation in Japan.