Become a hyper-productive lean industrial engineer !
Certified Lean Industrial Engineering Professional (CLIEP) is a uniquely designed program that is aligning with ISO 18404 Lean Practitioner competencies. After the completion of CLIEP certification, You will gain relevant in-depth knowledge in lean management with respect to industrial engineering applications.
You will be able to apply critical thinking skills to simplify complex processes, systems, networks, and organizations nearly in any sector, including energy, finance, healthcare, logistics, manufacturing, production, telecommunication, and transportation. You will possess lean capabilities in your toolbox to perform work more professionally and efficiently. This capability will provide the opportunity for you to stand out from the rest and move up the career ladder fast.
- Introduction to Lean (Waste, Ohno, Gemba Kaizen) – 1 Day
- 5S & Visual Factory for Industrial Engineering – 0.5 Days
- Lean Process Mapping for Industrial Engineering – 0.5 Days
- Standardized work type I, II, III, Lean Layout, Yamazumi & Ergonomics – 1 Day
- Job Instruction Training & Multiskilling – 0.5 Days
- Systematic 8 Step Problem Solving – 1 Day
- Simultaneous Engineering, New Product Development & Quick Changeover – 1 Day
- Introduction to TPM & Industry 4.0 – Day 0.5
Experience the Simulation-Based Learning
You will have the most interactive training experience with factory simulations, case studies, discussions, personal coaching and role-based training.
5 Areas Where Traditional IEs Struggle
- IEs improve processes, but struggle to connect these improvements to financial impact.
- IEs become victims of daily fire-fighting and loss focus on process improvement.
- IEs become obsessed with tools, techniques and data-bases and loss the sight of the big picture
- IEs lack the opportunity or do not proactively create opportunity to structurally showcase the improvements made by them to the top management
- IEs tend to stagnate in their careers as they specialize on one industry and few IE tools
Now It's Time to Try Something New!
Are you tired of using same set of techniques and tools every day at your work? Time-study, work study, motion analysis, balancing charts.. the list goes on. You may have achieved good productivity improvements in your work area. But now it is the time to achieve something great! Say NO to the boring stagnation and look at your processes with a total new lean perspective. Transform yourself, your team and your organization by creating significant and sustainable improvements. Get noticed for your remarkable extraordinary achievements. Shed a new light for your career ladder and accelerate your growth to reach to the dreams of your life.
Why Should You Become a CLIEP ?
- You can amplify productivity in your work without investing more dollars or spending over time!
- You can get noticed in your workplace for delivering extraordinary results as a Lean Industrial Engineer and become a catalyst of change that your organization is looking for!
- You can accelerate your career growth and become relevant even you have focused on one job for too long!
- You can become a practicing expert in all lean techniques relevant to Industrial Engineering that are applicable in any industry.
- You will receive the CLIEP certificate in compliance with ISO 18404 and expand your network by joining with CLIEP community.
When You Become a CLIEP, You Will be Able to
- Reduce throughput time by developing a waste-free, pull system enabled, inventory optimized lean layouts for any process
- Improve Value Adding Activity % by using lean deep observation techniques (Ohno Circles, Gemba Walk) to identify hidden wastes in any process
- Improve quality and speed of team members by developing Lean Standardized Work Sheets Type 1, 2 and 3
- Improve flexibility of processes by identifying optimum layouts with cellular manufacturing and dancing module concepts
- Significantly improve productivity by developing Yamazumi (Line Balancing) charts, Work combination charts, Calculate takt times and improve the balancing using Gemba kaizen techniques
- Improve training time of people by using Job Instruction Training (JIT) methodologies
- Reduce recurring issues by conducting scientific problem-solving at the rate of production
- Improve and optimize change over with Quick Changeover methodologies
- Improve and eliminate information lags in factory integration using Simultaneous Engineering techniques
- Create significant improvements in the product development lead-time with New Product Development concepts
- Improve overall quality by assisting six sigma techniques for any process
- Eliminate and reduce losses by understanding the machine related losses with OEE thinking
- Reduce machine downtime by assist maintenance and engineering divisions on establishing “Like New Condition” and “Autonomous Maintenance”
- Enable fast decision making by implementing a visual management environment to quickly understand and address tactical and operational issues.
Path to Certification
In order to align with the certification guidelines, the participants must complete the written examination and assignments at the given standards.
Examination : 3-hour onsite written examination (40% of total marks).
Assignments : 5 Individual assignments that need to be conducted in their respective working environment. The assignments will be reviewed by ICEES Lean coaches within 3 months of the course completion. (60% of total marks)
To qualify as a Certified Lean Industrial Engineering Professional, a candidate must score 75 or above in final marks.
The candidates who could not secure 75 marks can re-sit one more written examination and resubmit assignments one time for reconsideration.
Those who could not achieve 75 marks, but score over 40 marks upon consecutive attempts, will be awarded Masterclass Certificate in Lean Industrial Engineering.
ICEES global announces the CLIET course commencing dates well in advance. Please follow the website, Facebook and Linkedin pages for you to keep updated. If you are interested in joining next CLIET batch, please contact below now.
- Kapila Hewagama – Manager | ICEES Academy
- Mobile – +94771556866
- Email – email@example.com
- Asanka Henegedara – Director | ICEES Academy
- Mobile – +94778241664
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org